Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Royalties

You know, I was very amused by something in this post by The Rejecter:


It was a high amount for author royalties, too, something over a thousand dollars (which, by the way, the majority of authors will not see in a year).


So many of the people in the comments were talking about how little money that is. I think this is one thing being very poor has taught me; that's a whole lot more money than many people think it is. I hear of "small" advances being only a couple of thousand.

Darlin, when you're living below the federal poverty line? That's not a small amount of money. It's all about perspective. :)

1 comment:

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

I'll take a grand.

Better than nothing, and when it comes right down to it, I only wanted to breathe the rarified air of the published.

...Still want.