Friday, November 21, 2008

The gauntlet is thrown

As some of you have no doubt noticed, I am woefully behind. My deficit is such that I'm struggling to keep ahead... no motivation! NaNoing with two small children has proved more challenging than I thought. I haven't written a word in days. In fact, the last increase in my count came from the validator, not writing more words!

So, my friend Lousy Writer 13 has challenged me. If either of us should fail to win this year's NaNoWriMo, we get to publicly mock the loser in the Shoutouts forum. Notwithstanding family emergencies type stuff, naturally. Any such circumstances will officially call off the competition.



We are formally announcing this challenge so that we can't back out for lack of accountability... public humiliation is the best motivator, from time to time.

And should we both fail? Well, that's going to mean it's up to YOU guys to mock us mercilessly, since it would be awfully hypocritical to mock each other for what we failed to do!

He's got the lead... who do YOU think'll get there first?

No comments: