Friday, November 03, 2006

Momentum slowing

I'm up to 14k now. My target is still 20k for the night, but things are slowing substantially, so I'm not sure if I'll make it by midnight. Possibly by the time I go to bed, which would put the word count total over on tomorrow's count.

I'm at a slow part in the book (the annoying ass traveling scenes) that I need to get through to get to the good stuff. I've been trying to keep things strictly in the priest's perspective, but I'm thinking I might do some from the convict's perspective just to spice things up. I've been developing her pretty well, now I think he needs some time in the limelight.

She just left him alone with some beer in a tavern while she went up to their (she doesn't know she's sharing it, just yet) room to sleep. I'm toying with the idea of having an old acquaintance step up, cause a fight, that sort of thing. He's been entirely too civil and intelligent so far. He needs to do something dumb. Maybe leave a body lying around somewhere out of the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you are doing GREAT so far!!! Congrats..... giggled at the "slow ass traveling scenes" comment. Isn't that the truth???

Keep going - you are on a roll!!

Heather Dudley said...

I HATE the traveling scenes. I think I'm just going to do some skipping around to get by them, because while they're necessary, I can get by without describing each one in exhaustive detail.