Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A real blog?

I've decided that it's time I had a real blog. Not an online journal, as in the case of my livejournal.

So. What do I blog about?

How about the wonderful world of writing?

As we speak, I'm gearing up for the yearly challenge of NaNoWriMo. I'm the Municipal Liaison for my region (fancy speak for cat herder. Or moose herder.) I've only beaten the challenge the first year I tried, and various things have interfered with my winningsince then. This year, it's going to be different. I'm home all the time, and even though I have an active ten month old and three online classes I'm taking, I'm determined to do it.

I've been told that I'm a good writer. My skills have somewhat atrophied over the years, but I want to get them back. I want to be published. I know I'm a better writer than say, Anne Rice: I'll actually let an editor edit! So, how about we make this blog about my journey to become published?

Here I will post it all. Rejections, submissions, queries... the works. The process of writing, writer's block (Writer's block? HAH! I won't submit.) NaNoWriMo this year will only be the beginning. I don't know if what I write this year will be the masterpiece that will get me out of the slush pile, but I'm determined to do this. It's been a dream of mine since I was old enough to write books on notebook paper and staple them together. I can communicate. I can use big words. I can even make people laugh on occasion.

So get ready. If you want to read, then do so. Laugh, cry, point fingers or mock... I'm ready for it all.

And who knows... one day? I might be doing a book signing in your hometown.

Booyah.

2 comments:

Jason said...

What about a NERF herder? Are you a nerf herder too? Congrats on the "real" blog. I hope you find it as interesting as I do.

Heather Dudley said...

So far, I enjoy it. :) I like the flexibility of the blog better. All I need to do now is learn a little CSS so I can make my own templates. :)